Arizona Rosary Celebration Poster Contest
The Arizona Rosary Celebration is an integral part of the life of our two dioceses. Parishes, schools, and church organizations are invited to participate. Thousands of the faithful come and seek the intercession of Our Lady in an outpouring of faith. Youth are very much a part of this event and the Poster Contest is one way for the youth of our dioceses to take part in the celebration. Please review the Contest Rules below to submit an entry. The Arizona Rosary Celebration is held at this time of the year because October is the month of the Holy Rosary. This year we will honor Mary under her title Our Lady of Guadalupe.
The Most Rev. Gerald F. Kicanas, Bishop Of Tucson and Most Rev. Thomas J. Olmsted, Bishop of Phoenix, extend their personal invitations for you, your families, and friends to attend this joyful and solemn occasion to seek our Blessed Mother’s powerful intercession.
Poster Contest Rules and Regulations
1. Theme: The entries should be a drawing of “Our Lady of Guadalupe and the family."
2. Grades: Kindergarten through 8th grade
3. Directions: Students are to submit a free-hand drawing depicting the theme above
4. Materials: 8½" by 11" paper with any other materials needed to create the poster (i.e. ink, crayons, paints, pencils, or markers)
5. Art Work: Is to be done free-hand by student
6. Entries: Each entry must include: student’s name (first and last), grade, name of school or parish, city, and home phone number, on
the back lower right hand corner of the drawing. Failure to include this information will result in the elimination of the
drawing from the judging process.
7. Tucson Due Date: All entries for the Diocese of Tucson must be received by Saturday, October 19, 2019. Entries are to be mailed to:
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church c/o Samuel Kiser, 8650 North Shannon Road Tucson, AZ 85742.
For information regarding the poster contest, please contact: Samuel Kiser, telephone 520-838-2507, or
8. Phoenix Due Date: All entries for the Diocese of Phoenix must be received by Thursday, October 10, 2019 at 12:00 Noon. All entries are to be mailed to or dropped off at: Donna Wiedoff c/o St Joseph
Parish, 11001 N 40th St., Phoenix, AZ 85028. Questions can be sent attention Donna at e-mail
9. Winners: Winners will be selected for each Diocese. Posters will be judged in the following categories: K-1st grade,
2nd-3rd grades, 4th-5th grades, and 6th, 7th and 8th grades. Winners will have their posters displayed at the
Rosary Celebration in their locale: Tucson or Phoenix.
The Most Rev. Gerald F. Weisenburger, Bishop of Tucson and the Most Rev. Thomas J. Olmsted, Bishop of Phoenix, will present winners with certificates at a Pizza Party at a location and on a date and at a time to be announced at a later date.
A special thanks to all schools, religious education programs, and teachers for their devotion and enthusiasm that will make his Poster Contest a success. All drawings become the property of Arizona Rosary Celebration.
For any questions feel free to contact:
Diocese of Tucson: Samuel Kiser, telephone 520-838-2507, or e-mail
Diocese of Phoenix: Donna Wiedoff at email: